Thursday, August 11, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger

"Captain America: The First Avenger" A

I remember when I was in college, I watched the Indiana Jones trilogy in one weekend with them and I recalled watching Raiders of the Lost Ark before, but the other two I did not remember as much. As I watched them, I thought to myself, now these are old fashioned, fun adventure movies. Then they came out with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and once again, it was old fashioned and fun. What came to mind when I was watching the new long awaited Captain America movie was, this is like another Indiana Jones movie, but it is not only old fashioned and fun, but it is about one of the coolest superheroes in Marvel Comics. Yes, it is finally here, the Captain America movie and I must say, it was a near perfect movie. I was really impressed with it and it certain was spectacular in so many ways. To start out, the cast was magnificent. Chris Evans was perfectly cast as Steve Rogers/Captain America and he did a good job as a guy who wanted to fight in the war but was too small. So, he entered the supersoldier program led by Colonel Philips (played by Tommy Lee Jones who was better than ever in this role). Another standout in this movie was Hugo Weaving of Agent Smith fame from the Matrix. He played Johann Schmitt/Red Skull and while he always plays a good villain in his movies, he added some charisma to his role here. The movie looked awesome, even without the 3D, and the acting was perfect along with the casting, and the action scenes were fun to watch too. This isi not only the best movie of the summer, but also the best movie of the year so far in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment