Monday, December 20, 2010

The Green Hornet

"The Green Hornet" A

It was just an ordinary day today. I went to work this morning, Corrine went to class this morning and it was good. I came home at 3:00, put some clothes in the dryer and took out the trash. Then, Corrine called stating that she was coming home so I awaited her arrival. I then got on the computer and found out that we had the chance to get two free passes to a movie that is not even going to be released until January 14, 2011. I decided to give it a try and miraculously, we got the passes. The movie we saw this evening was The Green Hornet. I did not expect to see it this early (almost a month early), and I have to tell you, I was very impressed! I have wanted to see this movie since I saw the first trailer and I have heard a lot about it. I know it was radio show, and a tv show and a comic book series about two crime fighting vigilantes with a really cool car. The movie stars Seth Rogen, who is in top form as Britt Reid, the newspaper publisher by day and crime fighter by night. His sidekick, Kato, has some skills of his own, including working on cars, making cool gadgets, kung fu and making awesome coffee. Together, they make a good masked pair, which makes this movie so good. It is a buddy comedy with lots of typical Seth Rogen laughs, but at the same time, it is a non stop action packed superhero movie. The fight scenes were top notch and the villain Chudnofsky, played by Christoph Waltz (Inglorious Basterds), was a scene stealer too. The most fun character to watch was Kato, played by Jay Chou. He has some good one liners and it is so much fun watching him in slow motion showing his kung fu skills. The chemistry between Rogen and Chou was what also made the movie, and Waltz proves once again that he can play a villain. This is going to be a good start to the 2011 winter movie season and I am sure that people are going to love it. It was a fun time at the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment